Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Death Guard Terminators WIP

More and more I find myself loving CSM terminators.  Deep strike suicide squads or 10 man strong chain fist ,mech wrecking, bad asses just appeal to me after reading more and more BL books . I have run 30 terminators in a few games and they either do awesome or are just pure fail , but those are the breaks I guess.   I started going though my bits boxes and put together 5 new CSM terminators to add to nurgles army.


I went with the Death Guard colors and added tons of rust and some gore for good measure.  I find that these guys can get too busy and have too many colors so I wanted to keep at least the base color intact ( which is light grey and thrall flesh).


I used the a plague bearer herald head to represent the sergeant of the squad.  After all the leader should set an example :)


So yes the common theme is chainfists.  I love them with all the new Mech running about and knights don't like them at all.


So the green on the original Death Guard I incorporated into the new Nurgle symbols instead of teh stripes on the pre-heresy armor.
I still need to add more weathering powder and blood spray ( not just gore ). Also would like to try the Typhus corrosion paint and see how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment