Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Zup Bro! Questoris Knight Magaera and Radiation Base

So the Mechanicum has procured a new relic from the dark age of awesome. The Magaera knight!  Since this guy came out from FW I was "Must Have!!"

So the knight arrived Friday and I went to work.  I wanted to stick with my Mechanicus paint scheme the rest of my army sports.

First up is the base. I wanted a base that reflected a battle ( maybe hersey era) that radiation was very prevalent and extreme.  Most of my mechanicum army has Rad-cleanser so it was cool to have a base big enough to show Radiation Weapons.



Contemptor foot , Marine helmet and shell casings. radiation hot spot areas in green




So with the base done next the big guy himself!! I really enjoyed painting this model and assembly was straight forward.

Rad Cleanser on the claw 


I wanted it to look like the knight just irradiated the battlefield and on the prowl for enemy targets!
More knights arriving soon :)



5 comments:

  1. Awesome, looks better in this colors than the forgeworld Magaeras,the light effects are too gods and the base es really detalied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment reienkyo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the shading and colors on the armor plates. That base is amazing. This is a really well executed model!

    ReplyDelete