Monday, October 27, 2014

Greater Brass Scorpion and Friends!

My Ebay binge continues a blistering pace and all due to the Imperial Armor 13 book.  Again if you don't have it yet and are a Chaos player it is a great book.

Well the Brass Scorpion I won 2 weeks ago has been stripped,  put together, and a few coats of paint have made their way onto the model.  I can't wait to play this thing.  So cool looking and perfect for a Lord of War.

I had trouble picking a color to go with, but settled on my current chaos color scheme of red and bright silver.  It contrast well and so many of my other models are sporting that paint scheme.



I started on some lighting effects as well on the main cannon and the scorpion tail thingy.



Above you can see the blue lighting effect and see the start of the armor trim being painted.  I did try 3 other colors but none of them popped as much as the silver. BTW there is a ton of trim to paint on this thing so I'm breaking it up over a few days as not to get sloppy and rush this.


So here is what I mean about going with the same scheme.  I ended up changing the Decimator from brass to silver trim.  It just seemed to pop that much more.

Well after this gets completed I still have the Fell Blade to finish, but I have no idea what paint is going to end up on that.  Maybe a White ( death guard ) or Khornate type paint.

 Check back soon!  More PMAC to come.


 

2 comments:

  1. Quix42, Thank you sir :)

    I have a Land Raider Achilles ( infernal relic of chaos ) in the works as well . Stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete