Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Soul grinder and idle hands.

So I took a chance on a Soul Grinder that i saw on Ebay about 2 weeks ago.  Ended up winning for under $30 shipped.  Had ok paint and looked in decent condition.  Was I wrong.  My bad for not looking closely.  The shoulder above the mechanical arm was gone, huge gaps everywhere, and paint was again ok.  So I was like what the hell at myself!! but it was my fault for not seeing so just in case you sold this to me I still gave you positive feedback and thank you!  No big deal.  Though you do need to work on your shipping time  ( waiting 7 days to even ship was a bit much, 14 days to get to me ) and the packaging was horrible.

Well I went to work on replacing parts, filing gaps and re-glued all the parts I could pull apart. Some of the spikey bits were a total loss as the poor packing removed them from the model with blunt force trauma.

So once done with the repairs I started looking around at pics of Grinders.   I have 2 others and a plague hulk but the paint on them is MEH at best and didnt want to added another ok paint job to a fantastic model.  They were some of the first models I have ever painted so being meh is acceptable until I repaint them ( future project).  Well 3rd eye nuke studios did a grinder that was awesome and I would have bought it on eBay if I wasn't like 3 months late.  So next best thing is I painted my ginder similar to the excellent job they did.  Please check them out and yes I did copy them as they did a great job.http://www.thirdeyenuke.com/


So here is the eBay pic from the auction I won:


So here is after some TLC and paint :)

I still have some more details, but it's 95% done. You can see I added Mauler Fiend shoulder armor to cover the missing bit.




Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment